About this Event
The Texas Global Health Security Innovation Consortium (TEXGHS) is dedicated to coordinating efforts to support innovators and innovations fighting COVID-19 and future pandemics. Organized by the Austin Technology Incubator (ATI) at The University of Texas at Austin, TEXGHS is leading the creation and long-term success of a health security innovation ecosystem in Texas where equitable, inclusive solutions launch locally and grow globally.
Our virtual launch event will feature speakers from around the globe to discuss the importance of supporting innovation in the fight against COVID-19. The event will also highlight how TEXGHS has created a unique innovation ecosystem that brings together academic, public, and private sector partners to respond to COVID-19 and help prevent the next pandemic.
- Peter Hotez, MD, PhD – Dean, National School of Tropical Medicine
- Jay Hartzell, PhD – Interim President, The University of Texas at Austin
- Moredreck Chibi, PhD – World Health Organization (WHO) Africa Innovation Lead
- Clay Johnston, MD, PHD – Dean, Dell Medical School, University of Texas at Austin
- Lisa McDonald, MD, MSTC – TEXGHS and Director of Healthcare, Austin Technology Incubator
The Neutrino Donut, LLC is a founding member of TEXGHS.