Try these out. It will improve your odds of getting the grant.
- You will need business experts on your team. Academic teams are good, but you are planning for a proof of concept (Phase 1) or sales (Phase 2). Look for people who have worked in your industry.
- Academic experts will only take you so far. Seriously. Developing a device or a software package does not mean you know how to take it to market.
- In developing a price model, look at your competitors and focus on value, not price. As a new technology, the technology is worth the problem it solves. You are also probably needing to recover your income in a short amount of time before you see very large competitors.
- In developing your price model, focus on ongoing revenue. The cost/time to sell to one customer is expensive. If this is the only interaction you will have with the customer, you will fail. Think of ongoing relationships and processes.
- Is this an expense item or a capital item? Can you lease the technology?
Let us know how we can help.